The objective and scope of Hotel Room Booking System are to record the details various activities of the user. It will simplify the task and reduce the paperwork. During implementation, every user will be given appropriate training to suit their specific needs. Specific support will also be provided at key points within the academic calendar.
- Provide people seeking hotel rooms with correct information about available accommodations.
- Allow booking of rooms without errors and without creating conflicts.
- After that, objective goes by type of system and stakeholder.
For a chain hotel system:
- To present the hotel as an excellent, or the best, the choice to its target market.
- To make it easy for customers to make bookings.
- To make it easy for customers to get their questions answered, lowering barriers to selecting this chain's hotels.
- To fill as many rooms as possible at a relatively high rate.
- To maximize occupancy (aiming at close to 100%), selling each room at the highest possible rate.
For the individual hotels:
- To maximize occupancy
- To provide up to date information about the status of reservations
- To allow staff to easily update information in the system, and have the system inform everyone who needs to know
For the consumer:
- Efficiency of booking, especially for repeat customers
- Ease of information gathering in support of selecting a hotel
- Accurate, reliable reservations
- For the booking service that offers many different hotels
- To provide excellent comparative information about available hotel rooms
For the company owning the reservation service:
- To maximize revenue on each sale, even though price competition is strong
- To gain larger market share than other competitors, as, in a price-competitive market, total volume is key to increasing net revenue.