INTRODUCTION OF THE PROJECT HOSPITAL AUTOMATION SYSTEM
Nowadays most of the medical organizations try to provide more reliable and accurate services in their field, offering services to the patient with all the available choices in their interest. It may also provide various tests for illnesses i.e. ultrasound, x-ray or other imaging or scanning .
Every medical field computerizes its activities to provide better services to patients. The aim is to automate its existing manual system by the help of computerized equipment and full-fledged computer software, fulfilling their requirements, so that their valuable report can be stored for future references with easy access.
This project HOSPITAL AUTOMATION is also a step towards offering more or less the similar features. This system enables to manage and record the activities of whole HOSPITAL system of a leading multi-facility hospital for patient record keeping with their diagnostic findings hence letting the staff to concentrate on their diagnostic skills only.
This HOSPITAL AUTOMATION also helps in generating the reports for all the managerial purposes as per their requirements. These summarized reports can then be referred for the later use.
For security point of view the access to HOSPITAL AUTOMATION is password protected. Every user name is associated with the password that can be easily changed by them. Different privileges and rights are given to different users depending upon their designation and authorization.
Thus, some of the main features provided in the HOSPITAL AUTOMATION, abnormal value indicator, and MIS reports to enhance performance and project productivity.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT HOSPITAL AUTOMATION SYSTEM
The main objectives behind the development of this project are as follows:
- It is more working there field.
- To utilize human resource of the institution in an efficient manner by increasing their productivity through automation.
- The system generates a number of types of reports that can be then used for various managerial and administrative purposes.
- It also gives a brief picture of the institution’s progress.
- Helps in keeping track of all the activities of the diagnostic centre like login/logout time, referring doctors addresses, security related activities, etc. and thus helps in finding out the performance level of the centre.
Thus, there is a number of objectives behind developing the “HOSPITAL AUTOMATION” and it reduces a lot of burden of the doctor simplifying the tasks of reporting etc.
Relational Data Base Management System (RDBMS)
The proposed system comes under RDBMS category, as there is need to store and manipulate a huge amount of data related to doctors and patient.