INTRODUCTION OF THE PROJECT LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Almost in LIBRARY MANAGEMENT the records of members, New book Entry, their details, Member Entry, member Enquiry, Book Enquiry, Book Return register etc. are maintained and manipulated. Generally all these works are done and managed manually hence leading to the chances of human errors that may create some problems. Thus, a secured and reliable system is required to handle it.
In LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, as described above, can lead to error free, secure, reliable and fast Information system. It can assist the staff to concentrate on their other activities rather to concentrate on the record keeping. Thus it will help organization in better utilization of resources.
The organization can maintain computerized records without redundant entries. That means that one need not be distracted by information that is not relevant, while being able to reach the information that is relevant much more quickly.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
This project deals with the information criteria of the LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Basically the project describes how to manage for records of Books, searching of book.
The main objectives behind the development of this project are as follows:
- To utilize the information of Books.
- To store and retrieve books items.
- To manage records of students who.
- To store and access item in books stocks.
- To manage the particular records of student.
- To generated the report of books.
- To provide the details of issue books.
Thus, there are a number of objectives behind developing the “LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” and it reduces a lot of manual working of the department.
PURPOSE, SCOPE AND APPLICABILITY OF THE PROJECT LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The purpose is to automate the existing manual system by the help of computerized equipments and full-fledged computer software, fulfilling their requirements, so that their valuable data/information can be stored for a longer period with easy accessing and manipulation of the book records. The required s/w and h/w are easily available and easy to work with.
The scope of this project is as follows:
- To assist the staff in capturing the effort spent on their respective working areas.
- To utilize resources in an efficient manner by increasing their productivity through automation.
- The system generates types of information that can be used for various purposes.
Thus, there are information scopes behind developing the “LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” and it reduces a lot of burden of the entry.
The Applicability of project is:
- To store the information of issue books.
- To feed information of return book.
- To access information of a particular student.
- To retrieves the information of issue and return books.