Introduction of the project Transport Automation System
This is my small project based on the criteria of Transport Automation System; it is a place where the Freight Booking & Freight deliveries are done. The aim is to automate its existing manual system by the help of computerized equipments and full-fledged computer software, fulfilling their requirements, so that their valuable data/information can be stored for a longer period with easy accessing and manipulation of the same.
Basically the project describes how to manage working of transport. Project store and manipulate records of vehicles, drivers, services, freight, booking etc. modify consignors and consignee list etc.
For easy and convenient processing we need to develop software, which works as per our requirements. While preparing this software we got to remember few things i.e. this software must have a friendly environment, in other words it should not be much complicated to handle, it should have options for future modifications in the Transport.
The main objectives behind the development of Transport Automation System project are as follows:
- To help transport staff in capturing the effort spent on their respective working areas.
- To handle the details of vehicles, and their enquiry.
- To handle the details of booking with sender and receiver details.
- To keep the information of charges given by party.
- To generate the slip for a particular transaction.
- To prepare the bills of party.
- To keep the information of cities for which transport provide services.
The proposed project lies under RDBMS category. It is application software used to manage the transaction and information criteria of transport . I have chosen this category because it is the most popular and widely used management system application software.
- Platform Used: WINDOWS XP
- Back-End Tool: SQL Server 2000
- Front End Tool: Visual Basic 6.0
- 1 PC at least Pentium II (recommended)
- 256 MB RAM (recommended)
- 20 GB Hard Disk (recommended)