RFID Enabled Passport Verification
Passport is considered as an important document for every citizen as it is the key to travel across the world every person must have it. It is the important document so it demands a long procedure and time to get made because hell lot of crimes, like, smuggling is done from one country to another country at that time there was low security at the airport.
The worst thing about paper passport is of privacy paper passport do not provide privacy, identity can be revealed to anyone who can physically access the passport and the cases of identity theft, data modification is done for duplicity. There is a great increase in the drug couriers and illegal immigrants doing it with photo swiping or look-alike fraud is using genuine documents.
Overcoming all the problems the RFID based passport verification system is done nowadays. RFID system is the automated system where passport holder is authorized through RFID technology the passport holder has the RFID tag which has all the basic and genuine details like name, number, nationality of the individual the tag is swiped on the RFID reader and information goes to microcontroller if the data scanned matches with the data of microcontroller then it will display a confirmation message or otherwise it will be a denial.
Technology Used in the project RFID Enabled Passport Verification
Software component for the project to develop user interface for (IOT RFID Enabled Passport Verification)
- Embedded C Language : All the hardware interface coding has been done in Embedded C Language
- PHP : All the business logic and the web interface has been written in PHP
- MySQL : MySQL database has been used as database for the project
- Apache 2 : The web interface is running over the apache2 server
- JQuery Library : We have used many of the jQuery Library in the project such as Calendar