Introduction and objective of the project online car rental system:
This project is designed so as to be used by Car Rental Company specializing in renting cars to customers. It is an online system through which customers can view available cars, register, view profile and book car. The advancement in Information Technology and internet penetration has greatly enhanced various business processes and communication between companies (services provider) and their customers of which car rental industry is not left out.
This Online Car Rental System is developed to provide the following services:
- Enhance Business Processes: To be able to use internet technology to project the rental company to the global world instead of limiting their services to their local domain alone, thus increase their return on investment (ROI).
- Online Vehicle Reservation: A tools through which customers can reserve available cars online prior to their expected pick-up date or time.
- Customer’s registration: A registration portal to hold customer’s details, monitor their transaction and used same to offer better and improve services to them.
- Group bookings: Allows the customer to book space for a group in the case of weddings or corporate meetings (Event management).
- The content management system (CMS) for managing the content of the cars
- The data security system
- Reporting of the cars, booking etc
Abstract of the project:
The Car Rental System is being developed for customers so that they can book their vehicles from any part of the world. This application takes information from the customers through filling their details. A customer being registered in the website has the facility to book a vehicle which he requires. The proposed system is completely integrated online systems. It automates manual procedure in an effective and efficient way. This automated system facilitates customer and provides to fill up the details according to their requirements. It includes type of vehicle they are trying to hire and location. The purpose of this system is to develop a web site for the people who can book their vehicles along with requirements from any part of the world.
In this Car Rental System, there are Three Phases, they are:
- The first phase involves the grouping of car rental locations into pools, allowing car rental locations within a pool to share a fleet of vehicles.
- In the second phase, the types and quantities of vehicles to be acquired and returned to the car manufacturer and the geographical redistribution of vehicles among pools over the long-term planning horizon are defined for each pool.
- The final phase involves the daily operations in which the deployment of the fleet within each pool among its locations is defined
Functionality performed by The Project Online Car Rental System:
These are the functionality performed by the Project.
- Login For Admin
- Forgot password for Admin
- Edit Profile For Admin
- Manage Customer
- Adding New Customer
- Edit the Exiting Customer
- View Profile of the Customer
- Listing of all Customer
- Manage System Users
- Adding New User/Admin
- Edit the Exiting System User
- View Profile of the System User
- Listing of all System User
- Manage Cars
- Adding new cars
- View Details of the cars
- Listing of all cars
- Filter Bills according to Company
- Manage Booking
- Book new car for customer
- Listing of all bookings
- Reports/Details for the booking
- Reports of the project Online Car Rental System
- Report of all Customer
- Report of all Cars
- Report of all Booking
- Report of all System Users
Static Pages and other sections :
These static pages will be available in project Online Car Rental System
- Home Page with good UI
- About us page will be available which will describe about the project
- Contact us page will be available in the project
Technology Used in the project Online Car Rental System
We have developed this project using the below technology
- HTML : Page layout has been designed in HTML
- CSS : CSS has been used for all the desigining part
- PHP : All the business and frontend logic has been implemented in PHP
- MySQL : MySQL database has been used as database for the project
- Apache2 : Project will be run over the Apache2 server
- You can run this project on XAMP, LAMP, WAMP or MAMP
Supported Operating System
We can configure this project on following operating system.
- Windows : This project can easily be configured on windows operating system. For running this project on Windows system, you will have to install WAMP or XAMP on your system.
- Linux : We can run this project also on all versions of Linux operating system
- Mac : We can also easily configured this project on Mac operating system.