We have daveloped this project for tracking the issues workflow for a company. In this system there are 4 types of users admin, manager, developer and tester, each user has a seprate role according to their criteria and they can perform operations in the system on for which they has assigned. We can manage fill workflow of the project issues with this project. This project has been developed on Java, JSP, database is MySQL which runs over the tomcat server. We provides many types of java software projects to be developed as the final year college project for students. Students can download easy java projects based on their requirements. We have attached the screenshot and the demo videos of the project below, watch that for more functionality clarification. Here students can get java projects with source code free download. Student can find all the online java projects with source code and database download.
The types of users in the application are:
- Manager: the manager of developers and testers; is responsible for:
- Adding new features to the system
- Proposing feature enhancement
- Assigning issues to developers
- Tester: the person who is responsible for finding defects; he will create new bugs in the system. The manager will be notified and then he will assign the bug fix to the right developer. When the developer completes the fix, the manager will assign the bug to the right tester.
- Developer: the person who is responsible for development of the issues.
- Administrator: the person who is responsible for administering the system (adding/removing/editing users).
Requirements of the Projects:
- The user shall be able to login using his username and password (in this system, your JUST email address and password will be used for authentication). Therefore, the users of the system will be valid student IDs.
- The system shall identify the type of user based on his role. The role shall be defined in a table in the database. The user shall be given privileges based on his role.
- The Tester shall be able to add a new Bug to the system.
- The Test shall be able to close fixed issues.
- The Tester shall be able to reopen closed issues.
- The Manager shall be able to enter a new feature and assign them to the right developer.
- The Manager shall be able to enter a feature enhancement and assign them to the right developer.
- The Manager shall be able to change the status to On Hold, Assigned, and Closed.
- The Developer shall only be able to change the status of an issue to Resolved.
- The Administrator shall be able to change the status of the issue to Released.
- The Administrator shall be able to add/remove/modify users.
- The Administrator shall be able to add/remove/modify software versions.
- The system shall notify the users when an update occurs. For example, when the test adds a new bug, the manager shall be notified.
- This project has been developed on abstract factory design pattern to create users and issue types.
- MVC architectural pattern in development the system. You need to determine the model classes, controller and the views.
- You need to save the data in a database of your choice.
Functionality performed by Admin user:
These are the functionality performed by the admin users.
- Login For Admin
- Forgot password for Admin
- Edit Profile For Admin
- Change Password For Admin
- Logout Functionality
- Dashboard for Admin User
- Manage Software Version
- Adding New Software Version
- Edit the Exitinng Software Version
- View details of the Software Version
- Listing of all Software Version
- Manage System User
- Adding New System User
- Edit the Exiting System User
- View details of the System User
- Listing of all System User
- Manage Create Issue
- Adding New Create Issue
- Edit the Exiting Create Issue
- View details of the Create Issue
- Listing of all Create Issue
- Manage Issues-Features
- Adding New Issues-Features
- Edit the Exiting Issues-Features
- View details of the Issues-Features
- Listing of all Issues-Features
- Reports of the project Issue Tracking System
- Report of all Software Versions
- Report of all System Users
- Report of all Create Issues
- Report of all Issues-Features
These static pages will be available in project:
- Home Page with good UI
- Home Page will contain an animated slider for images banner
- About us page will be available which will describe about the project
- Contact us page will be available in the project
We have developed this project using the below technology :
- HTML : Page layout has been designed in HTML
- CSS : CSS has been used for all the desigining part
- JSP : All the front end logic has been written in JSP
- Java : All the bussiness logic has been written in Java
- MySQL : MySQL database has been used as database for the project
- Tomcat : Project will be run over the Tomcat server
We can configure this project on following operating system :
- Windows : This project can easily be configured on windows operating system. For running this project on Windows system, you will have to install Tomcat 7, JDK 7, MySQL 5.
- Linux : We can run this project also on all versions of Linux operating system
- Mac : We can also easily configured this project on Mac operating system.